Wakeboarding is a fun sport to participate in with family and friends. It also provides lots of great health benefits. It is always great when you can find an activity you love to do and it helps you stay healthy and in shape.
Here are the Top 5 Health Benefits of Wakeboarding:
- Full body exercise: Wakeboarding requires the individual to have a lot of strength in the arms as they hold onto the rope while riding. The riders core and legs are used as they try to stay up, jump the wake and perform other tricks. By the end of the summer you can expect to have a strong core, legs and arms. While riding you have to hold, flex and resist certain positions which works a number of different muscles throughout your body.
- Flexibility: As you advance in your riding you will be performing jumps, turns and grabs. To achieve these things you will become more flexible and learn how to bend your body in new ways.
- Balance and hand-eye coordination: Landing tricks is difficult and there are a lot of moving parts. Riders typically have great balance and hand-eye coordination. Landing tricks requires a strong core to perfect your balance when coming down from a big jump. Hand-eye coordination comes into play when passing the handle behind your back or going for a grab.
- Mental benefits: studies have found that people that spend more time participating in outdoor activities the healthier that person was likely to be. In fact, those who spend more time outside are less likely to suffer from anxiety or depression.
- Sunlight: Being outside will increase your exposure to Vitamin D producing sunlight. Vitamin D is important to remain healthy, deficiencies in Vitamin D have been linked to various types of cancer, obesity, mental disorders and other health problems.